Locus is a science-based innovation company that has developed an industry-first line of microbial biochemical solutions that are safer and more effective alternatives to currently used chemicals.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to support chemistry research projects from our headquarters in Solon, OH. The right candidate will have a background in chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering background and a passion for analysis.
Research Assistant Responsibilities:
- Prepares samples for qualitative and quantitative analysis of biobased materials.
- Supports efforts to identify molecules using NMR, FTIR, and GC-MS.
- Performs tasks related to HPLC, GC, UPLC-MS.
- Performs routine testing and instrument maintenance
- Assists the senior chemist in all aspects related to R&D objectives.
Research Assistant Requirements:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific field required
- Minimum of three years experience preferred; entry level with internship experience acceptable
- Experience with biosurfactants basic testing (surface tension, viscosity)
- Ability to work independently and as member of a group
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid holidays
- Competitive PTO plan
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition assistance
- Continuing education courses
- Flexible work schedules
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.