Locus Fermentation Solutions is a bio-tech company that focuses on the un-tapped benefits of microorganisms and their metabolites. We’re devoted to developing the green solutions to global challenges through our innovative fermentation technology. Sound interesting?! Our research team is seeking a zestful Research Scientist to join us in this pursuit! The Research Scientist will be responsible to make meaningful contributions to our unique fermentation technologies through research and group collaboration. This person has a direct impact moving novel technologies from proof of concept to commercial scale production. We’re looking for the candidate that is excited by the challenge of discovering new bio-chemicals for industrial use.
The ideal candidate has a master’s in microbiology or related field with five years’ experience, or has a PhD in microbiology, biotechnology or related field.
If this is exciting to you, check out the role in more detail below along with the benefits package that this position is eligible for. Apply today!
- Competitive Salary
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
- Lead efforts to select strains and optimize microbial fermentation processes.
- Provide technical and operational support for fermentation operations including lab scale flasks and large-scale fermenters.
- Design and execute approved research projects through literature review, experiments, and team collaboration.
- Maintain well documented and organized experimental results. Conduct analysis and interpretation of results and make recommendations for next steps.
- Lead and support research projects in biosurfactant, biomass and other secondary metabolites production.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to evaluate and present new product concepts to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of microbiology techniques including aseptic technique, serial dilution plating, streaking and gram stain, etc.
- Conduct research analysis, literature review and summarize relevant conclusions.
- Develop and draft operating procedures and protocols for various bioprocesses.
- Prepare documents for technology transfer and provide scientific support to the pilot fermentation group for process scale up.
- Master’s degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology or related scientific field and minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a microbiology, biotechnology, or related setting required. PhD in related field with at least some experience will also be considered.
- Fermentation experience preferred.
Think you qualify but missing a thing or two?! Apply and let’s talk! Studies show that men apply for positions if they meet just 60% of the requirements, while women only apply if they meet 100% of them. Let us get to know each other and see if you are the right candidate!
For more information on our Company, visit our website at https://locusfs.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.